Friday 1 August 2014

Swooping Hawks

My jump troops were unpainted and I picked them as small lot of minis to paint up. These are metal minis, assembled, primed and then hit with liquid mask. The liquid mask is brushed on and catches the yellow base coat on the bits that I want to be white or blue, since the yellow would be an issue there.


Base coat on, liquid mask off! Oops, I should have covered all hands, weapon parts and ornaments with liquid mask as well... Improvisation time!


Painted dark grey on wing struts, weapon barrels and pipes. Red on ankle ornaments. Blue hats. Metal on beaks and blue wash on the yellow ribbed part of the guns to turn those green. Tank brown and sand paint to prep the gems for Tamiya Clear Red. Then I applied a clear coat of varnish.


A day later I applied brown oil wash on the yellow parts and black oil wash on the white parts. I'm quite happy with the result.


Now another coat of varnish, Tamiya Red on the gems plus my alibi-basing and I'll dare count these as painted.

No comments:

Post a Comment