Wednesday 20 August 2014

Jetbikes as model accessories

I'm currently looking at all non-wraith non-Serpent Eldar models which I have available. That includes a bunch of Eldar psychers. A key feature of farseers and warlocks is that they can buy jetbikes as upgrade.
So far I've only played spiritseers who don't have that option and a single farseer whom I stuck on a support weapon antigrav platform in lieu of the usual jetbike-farseer conversion.
With the option of a jetcouncil in mind, I started wondering if I cannot come up with a way to equip a regular farseer or warlock model with a jetbike. My idea is to make something like a scenic base in which the actual mini with its regular base is placed.
I've recently taken the first steps in casting resin in silicone molds. That gives me the option of scratch building a count-as jetbike base/model and then make as many casts of this as I need. Obviously, that idea prohibits the use of GW bits, but that shouldn't be a problem.
On the plus side, each psyker will be an official GW miniature and as such ok for playing in stores. Not a crucial aspect for me personally, but a nice bonus.
I've made a sketch and a play-doh mockup to visualize the proportions.

No comments:

Post a Comment