Monday 7 April 2014

Imperial Knight WIP 2

I had not touched the knight for a while. As my Defiler conversion showed, I kinda like big robots, but chaos being denied knight allies against the fluff is a bitter pill to swallow.

Regardless, I took my new tool, a Noga demolding scraper and went for the kit.

Like with othe kits, I wanted to keep some things flexible and use magnets. My weapon choice is the melta, I didnt bother with making the magazines exchangable. I did however put magnets in the shoulders, elbows,  head, neckplate, stubber, shield, weapon barrels and of course the hips.

I extensively used plasticard to beef up the thickness of parts for mounting magnets. You can see all the white bits in the picture below. I will eventually glue the two remaining arm/weapon joints and their pistons. The armour plates will be glued on strategically after painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment