Sunday 13 April 2014

Heldrake reinforcements

Last year I did my first heldrake in blue and silver, then my second in red, orange, yellow and black. For an Apocalypse game I made another one of these.

Then I had a request for a Tzeench drake - ergo blue with gold trim. The deal I offered was two kits for one painted drake. So I painted a few shades of gold over the silver trim of my blue and sliver drake. Here is a picture that I took before handing that model off to its new owner.

For quite a while, the two new drakes sat in their boxes unopened, but I've recently been clipping, demolding and partially assembling them. Now that my airbrush is back in play, I hit them with primer and will fire them up now. Here a WIP picture.


Since the flame effect takes multiple steps, it is a time saver to do all parts for each step and helps with consistency. That being said, it's time for the red coat to go on and orange and yellow are already itching in their Vallejo dropper bottles. Black for the lines isn't as enthusiastic, but I'm sure with the right TV show running that too will pass! =]

PS: Several hours later, the flame effect is done, the black metal is painted. Chest and eye glow to go, as well as the black lines. I didn't paint the whole time, maybe 5-6 hours ;-]


Edit: Progressing through the edge-lining.




No comments:

Post a Comment