Tuesday 30 June 2015

Vraks Unending Host

Half a year ago I bought a lot of 200+ Warzone minis via eBay. These models are plastic and came on sprues marked with "Target Games 1998". The models are not quite as detailed as the Citadel plastic troopers, but they do come with basic armour, weapons and - quite convenient for the Vraks setting - rebreathers all around. A major advantage in my view is total lack of six aquilas per model.

My motivation was getting a bulk of GEQ minis to use as Renegades for the Unending Host. At 3 points per model, there are likely to be a lot of models to be fielded indeed.

After spending hours to clip all of the bits from the sprues and gluing the bodies to the bases, I took this picture as a starting point. That are 251 models to do, quite a daunting number.


My plan is to remove the mold lines and gate connections that I judge to be visible from above. Then prime black, apply a white zenital highlight, spray highly diluted colour for the gear and finish by picking out some details with the brush. 

I left sprue attached to the backpacks to serve as holder. The backpacks will receive basically the same treatment as the body, but will get a darker colour.

So far the plan, let's see how it goes!



No comments:

Post a Comment