Sunday 13 July 2014

Guardian brushwork

In the last two days I've painted some red details on the guardians calves, upper arms and some sashes. Today I spent time with edge-highlights on the guns and shoulders. I've not ever really done that yet, so I'm still enjoying loads of opportunities for improvement. ;-]


I painted some pendants in bronze, the soulstones in tank brown with a sand highlight and glued the heads back on. It took a bit longer to do this than it takes to sum it up.


I realize that there are some mold lines and rough spots left, but for a bunch of old models that I recycled it's not bad really. 
 

 Finally, I put on a clear coat of varnish in preparation for applying some oil shade. The varnish is drying now, strategically while I have to sleep and then work anyway. Maybe I should call that in preparation for experimenting for the first time with oil based shade, but hey. We'll see soon enough how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment