Monday 9 December 2013

Wraithknight Mk.III moar!


I've spent Sunday using the brush on the parts. I used Citadel Warplock Bronze and Hashut Copper for the Rune on the back and the big bulges on the hip armour plates. The gems were done as before, with VMA Tank Brown, VMA Sand and Tamiya Clear Red. I used VMA German Grey and Citadel Nuln Oil for the grey bits.


Tonight, I did some careful edge highlights using VMA White and VMA Yellow. Then I grabbed my trusty bottle of Revell Contacta plastic cement and went to town. The model stands by itself without a base, hip, shoulder and neck joints are held by magnets. I've also put magnets into the shoulder weapon mounts - just in case.


Here is the assembled model next to the second Wraithknight I painted, which is now no longer alone in my Iyanden army. The painting parts method is by far better than trying to paint an already completely glued model - like the one I did first as a favour for the owner and rehersal for me - and also still much better than panting an over-magnetized model - like the wraithknight I assembled when it came out with no thought about airbrushing or even painting.

I'm now going to stick the new wraithknight on it's base and get to doing the base deco. For that I need to make a halfway convincing job out of the swarm lord. The nicer look on the new knight has me considering re-doing or touching up my other knight, but I'm not sure what way I'll go there.

2 comments:

  1. Looking great Stephan, really loving the gems! One suggestion for future models is to make sure you remove those moldlines!!!

    ReplyDelete