Monday 18 November 2013

And we are back!

Due to starting a new job and hobby time spent playing 40k, I didn't make any progress on the modelling or painting fronts in the last weeks.

Now I'm scrambling to get ready for an Apocalypse game this Saturday, for which I still needed a third heldrake to complete the Apocalypse formation. Having learned from previous builds, I went with assembly of groups of parts with access for painting in mind. I got the flame pattern done.



In parallel, I've got a second wraithknight and a hive tyrant on my bench. The tyrand kit makes a flyrant and a corpse under the knight's foot. I stuck the flyrant on four stacks of 2 euro-cent coins hotglued together and superglued to a 60mm round base and two bottom-to-bottom plastic cemented square bases on top. That gives the flying model some lift and also a hefty base weight.


The wraithknight is now removed from the sprue, cemented together, scraped, sanded and magnetised. The parts are split into three groups for the main colours


Next steps are painting the trim on the heldrake and putting that together. The wraithknight will get a German Grey primer coat for the parts on the top left. A black wash will follow. Everything else will be primed white. The parts on the bottom left then be airbrushed blue, while the bunch of parts on the right will be hit with yellow.

PS: Getting there... looks like hot wings to go for tomorrow night.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment